Wire Storm 1.5 for iOS – Fun Electronics Themed Puzzle Game for All Ages
- Posted on February 21, 2013
- in Press Releases
Marbella, Spain – Bit Hax today is pleased to announce Wire Storm 1.5 for iOS, an update to its logical puzzle game where players must design virtual printed circuit boards, creating required circuits by connecting pairs of points of the same color on a square grid. The game challenges players on four levels: none of the linear, non-diagonal wires (connections) between two points can cross over another wire; the greater the total length of the combined wires that solve the puzzle, the higher the score; square grids become larger and increasingly complex through 12 unlocked difficulty settings offering 18,000 levels of play; as an option, gamers can play against the clock, attempting to complete puzzles under normal or severe time constraints.
“I totally got sucked into Wire Storm, and it’s one of the most satisfying puzzlers I’ve played so far this year. If you’re looking for a puzzle game that will completely engage you, Wire Storm is a pretty tough game to top. SCORE: 9.5/10″ – Tucker Cummings of TapScape.
Featuring dazzling, interactive animated graphics and animation, Wire Storm captures the dynamic, futuristic feel of the silicon-based IC’s intelligence brought to life on each PCB. The game includes 12 difficulty settings, each illustrated as a different motherboard with a navy blue surface and cyan traces. This artistic use of digital components is the background against which gameplay takes place. The 12 progressively more difficult motherboards are each square grids ranging in dimensions from 5×5 to 16×16. Each motherboard offers 1500 puzzles/levels, and players can score 1, 2, or 3 stars on each level.
For example, the 5×5 motherboard contains 25 squares. One square contains a colored green icon, indicating that it is one end of a circuit that must be completed. There is only one other matching green icon on the board. Touching either green square the player drags to create a green wire trace that terminates at the other member of the pair. The level is solved when all colored icon pairs have been matched up.
Players are free to experiment with connections/wire traces following any path, but there are two rules. First, all wire traces are built from only straight lines; lines can be oriented vertically or horizontally, but not diagonally. Second, no trace can ever cross another, and only one trace can occupy any grid square (two parallel traces cannot occupy the same square). Those playing in Freeplay Mode rather than Time Trial Mode (limited time) are subject to a third rule: a trace of a particular color cannot occupy all 4 squares of a 2×2 square.
* 18,000 Levels (all 100% free)
* iCloud Sync, continue where you left off on any device
* Earn 1, 2, or 3 stars depending on how well you do
* Earn Achievements
* Challenge friends to beat your score
* Choose your circuit size from 5×5 to 16×16 to adjust difficulty
Time Trial Mode
* Play either Quick or Normal depending on how much time you have
* Challenge friends to beat your score
* Dominate the Leaderboard
* Choose your circuit size from 5×5 to 10×10
* View challenges from friends without leaving the game
* Tap on any challenge to be taken to the appropriate game mode for beating the challenge
* Easily challenge friends and send them a custom message
* Share your score through social media
* Get free hints when you share socially
* Turn on letters for each node if you are colorblind or it makes the game easier for you
* Adjust the background opacity of the puzzle; you can have a bright background for colorful gameplay, or turn it all the way down to see the nodes better
Players are free to move between large puzzles containing many squares to smaller puzzles. However, gamers must unlock puzzles sequentially within each of the 12 different sizes. Puzzles become more challenging through each of the 50 levels of play available in each of the 12 sizes (motherboards). The number of colored icon pairs continues to increase, and the placement of colored icons pose puzzles that are increasingly impenetrable. Hints are available and can be earned through gameplay or via an in-app purchase.
“For gamers who are fans of puzzles/mazes, Wire Storm combines the logic of combinatorial optimization with the fulfillment of discovering increasingly elegant solutions to each level,” commented Aake Gregertsen of Bit Hax. “With colorful, interactive graphics and animation, you can watch electricity begin to flow through each new connection you make.”
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 11.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Wire Storm 1.5 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Hints can be earned during gameplay to help solve the puzzles, and they are also available as in-app purchases.
Based in Marbella, Spain, Bit Hax was founded by Aake Christian Gregertsen in 2013. Bit Hax is an independent developer of mobile apps and games for iOS and Android devices. Copyright (C) 2013 Bit Hax. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.