New version of popular iPhone/iPad word game Word Cup released
- Posted on April 19, 2012
- in Press Releases
Malmo, Sweden – Word Cup, the popular word game for iPhone and iPad, has now reached version 3.3. The new release contains a host of improvements, the most important being an all new challenges system with integrated messaging between players. A player can invite friends to a Word Cup challenge or create open challenges that anyone can join. The challenges system joins the already existing Game Center online match mode to offer a more convenient and relaxed way of playing against other users.
Word Cup is a word game in the classic find-words-in-a-grid-of-letters genre. The game is a universal app with a polished and swift interface that is especially well suited for the larger screen of iPad devices. It is an excellent pastime on the bus or the train, and is, thanks to the unique scoring system, very addictive as a solo game.
The integrated dictionary lookup feature makes Word Cup an excellent way of learning new words and the large selection of dictionaries creates a very good opportunity for improving a player’s vocabulary in foreign languages.
The game uses Game Center leader boards (one for each supported language) that, thanks to the Word Cup scoring system, lets a player compare results with other players around the world.
Word Cup has a long list of features, including:
* Dictionaries for a dozen different languages
* Selectable grid sizes (from 3×3 to 6×6)
* Game Center leader boards
* Game Center matches
* Local high score lists
* Integrated dictionary lookup (through Wiktionary)
* Time limits from 30 seconds up to unlimited
* Selectable minimum word length
* Voice chat in online matches
* Pass and Play mode
* Board rotation
* A unique scoring model (Word Cup Points)
* An iPad UI that is designed specifically for the iPad and takes full advantage of the Retina display of the new iPad
* US English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, German, Norwegian, Finnish, Dutch and Polish
Contrary to some similar games, Word Cup requires no Internet connection for solo gaming.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 22.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Word Cup 3.3.2 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Located in Malmo, Sweden, Skimra was founded in 2010 and develops apps for mobile platforms. All Material and Software (C) 2010-2012 Skimra / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.