Blaster’s App Simplifies Explosives Engineering
- Posted on October 27, 2011
- in Press Releases
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania – 21 x 20 Media, Inc. today is pleased to announce Blaster’s App, an all-in-one tool for professional explosives engineers. Blaster’s App gives blasters the tools, calculators and resources needed to be fast and productive on the job, including seven custom calculators, borehole layout designer, and direct links to online blasting resources.
“Blasting is an industry that just wasn’t being serviced properly in the mobile field,” says Kenn Wagenheim, owner of 21 x 20 Media, Inc. “We saw a definite need for this app and the ability to have its tools and resources at your fingertips, carried with you while laying out a shot or planning a project. While the custom calculators in the app are pretty darn useful and handy, it’s the borehole layout design system that is really incredible and unique. I do believe the app will not only make things easier and save blasters tons of time, but should also help prevent many of the errors that doing the complex calculations by hand can produce.”
Ideal for blasters, engineers, and inspectors, Blaster’s App makes it easy for users to not only calculate common complex equations needed on the job, but also design and set delays for both simple and intricate layouts. Blaster’s App allows users to save individual layouts and export them to email, making it easy for blasters to share details with their team, clients and inspectors.
* Seven custom calculators: Ground Vibration Prediction, Airblast Prediction, Powder Factor, Explosives Per Borehole, Rock Per Borehole, Scaled Distance, and Borehole Angle Drift.
* Borehole Layout Designer: drag a finger to connect the holes and set delays on groups or individual holes. Doubles are instantly shown in red, which takes the guessing out of shot layouts. A task that used to take hours now takes minutes.
* Links to online blasting resources, including MSHA: Safety Standards, OSM: Office of Surface Mining, ATF: Explosives Storage Requirements, ISEE: International Society of Explosives Engineering and regulations for individual states, including PA, NJ, NY and more.
* Turn on heat map in borehole layouts to easily visualize the shot timing in its entirety.
* Save calculations and layouts to Projects according to your automatically-detected GPS location. Return to the same location at any time and the app will automatically know the project or site at which you are. Load any saved calculation or layout for quick and easy access to your previous work.
* Exported layouts can be imported on another device running Blaster’s App.
* Additional tools include level, float level, GPS, compass and standard calculator.
“We are very excited to offer this to the professional blasting industry,” says Wagenheim. “We look forward to helping them make their work faster, safer and more efficient.”
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* iOS 3.2 or later (iOS 4 and iOS 5 Tested)
* 4.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Blaster’s App 1.0.3 is $129.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the Apple App Store in the Utilities category.
21 x 20 Media, Inc. is a designer of mobile and online applications, established in 2000 and based in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania. Copyright (C) 2011 21 x 20 Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.